Surprise! Zucchini Smoothie
You'll never guess what I snuck into this delicious and creamy smoothie... zucchini! And the truth is, it was so creamy, and I never would have known there was zucchini in there had I not made it myself. Ever since becoming a smoothie addict, I've inadvertently become a consumer of all my daily servings of fruits and vegetables, and I've never felt better! So all that to say, sneak those veggies in baby. You won't regret it.
- 1 cup frozen zucchini (slice or chop before freezing)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 - 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (raw, quick, soaked or cooked)
- 1 tablespoon almond or nut butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 scoop Marine Collagens (or Collagen Peptides)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- Ice, because I like to eat my smoothies from a bowl loaded up with toppings.
Directions: Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend for 60-90 seconds.
I topped this one with some sliced banana, chia seeds, hemp seeds and bee pollen. You could also add more granola, a drizzle of honey, and any other fresh fruit your heart desires. Don't be afraid to switch it up and find what tastes good to you!