Y’all, I cannot even believe how good these vegan blondies are and you won’t believe the secret ingredient. Nah uh, honey, but I’m giving it all away: it's GARBANZO BEANS! Yep, chickpeas aren't just for hummus anymore. This recipe was adapted from @lilsipper WHO IS A GENUIS! She posts the most incredible healthy gut recipes on the regular, and she tells it how it is, which I just love.
This is seriously one of the easiest cookie bars I've ever made, and it's vegan (if you choose), gluten-free, dairy-free AND you can safely eat it raw with zero guilt or worry. I'm dead.
But on to the show, here’s how to make these babies:
Vegan chickpea blondies
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1/2 cup almond butter, or any nut butter (I used almond cashew butter by Wild Friends.)
1/4 cup maple syrup (*or honey)
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp pink sea salt
Unsweetened chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
**Optional: add 1 scoop collagen peptides or marine collagen to batter for 10 grams of clean protein. Not vegan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a loaf pan or 8x8 square pan with parchment paper.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, process all ingredients except chocolate chips until batter is smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon. Scoop the batter into the lined pan and smooth out evenly. Save a little to eat raw - there are no eggs or dairy in this so it's safe! Heck eat the whole batter raw, I won't tell. If you decide not to bake it though, you can leave out the baking soda and baking powder. ;)
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges begin to brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then cut into squares.
Hop on the chickpea blondie bandwagon, and let's gush about it on social media until the whole world knows.
Please tag me if you whip up this sweet treat: @tiffanynapper or #whitespaceandwellness. I love to see your creations and follow your journeys to more whitespace and wellness!
WHITESPACE + WELLNESS participates in select affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you make a purchase through certain links on the site or any related social media platforms, Whitespace + Wellness may make a commission from that click or purchase. All opinions are my own and all brands featured represent what I personally like and support. Advertising programs allow me to keep creating recipes and more for you to enjoy!